It is the policy of Concept Shed Ltd to conduct its operations in a manner that is environmentally responsible and befitting of a good corporate neighbour and citizen. In accordance with this policy, Concept Shed Ltd complies with all environmental laws and manages all phases of its business in a manner that minimises the impact of its operations on the environment. To further this policy, we shall:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations and voluntary commitments to which the facility subscribes.
- Eliminate, or reduce to the maximum practical extent, the release of contaminants into the environment, first through pollution prevention (material substitution and source reduction), then recycling and finally through treatment and control technologies.
- Source our electricity from renewable energy and where possible, from within the County (currently supplied by Good Energy, South West Tariff).
- The company will remain based at in-town facilities allowing people to walk to work and gives easy access to local shops, greatly reducing car usage. Currently, over 60% of people within the building walk to work.
- Consider the environmental impact and lifespan of projects at the design stage and promote the circular economy model to clients, designing systems to be modular and suitable for reuse, re-purposing or recycling.
- Minimise noise or disturbance to the surrounding community, to ensure we remain a benefit to the town.
- Continually reduce the amount of waste generated.
- Minimise the water usage within the building.
- Heat the building where possible with renewable electricity or solid bio / wood fuel heating.
- Use energy saving lighting systems and minimise lighting and IT equipment left on unnecessarily.
- Promote an awareness of environmental protection associate with the operations among all employees and provide appropriate training to those responsible for implementing environmental control measures and for those whose particular areas have the potential to cause environmental damage.
- Effectively communicate with facility employees, suppliers, regulators, and customers, as well as the surrounding community, regarding the environmental policy performance.
- Periodically review and demonstrate continuous improvement in the facility’s environmental performance, including areas not subject to regulations.
- Respond positively to any expression of public concern or inquiry and investigate fully any substantive complaint.
Sam Lanyon, Director. Concept Shed Ltd April 2013.